Fall Farm Day: Farm & Soap Workshop Tour
Fall Farm Day: Farm & Soap Workshop Tour
Saturday, October 24, 2015
- All items included in the General Admission, plus:
- Interactive tour - you will be guided through the property, hearing a history of the farm and surrounding area, and learning about each of the farm animals. The tour allows for question and answer throughout.
- Exclusive access to the soap workshop - get a behind-the-scenes look at how we make goat milk soap, with hands-on exploration of the natural ingredients used, including fair trade shea butter and essential oils.
- Schedule: The tour will last approximately 45 minutes. We recommend arriving at the farm a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
- Kids: Kids under 2 free. Please see farm rules below.
- Store Credit: The cost of your ticket includes $5 credit towards your next online purchase of $25+.
NOTE: If you purchase a farm tour ticket, you do NOT also need to purchase a general admission ticket.
NOTE: If the tour times below fill up, we may offer additional tour times. Please contact us if you'd like to add a tour time for your large group.
Farm Address & Rules
You can find the farm address below. Please also be sure to read the farm rules and parking tips.
You will be required to sign a waiver form for yourself and all dependents before entering the farm. We recommend printing, filling out and bringing this form with you to save time at the check-in table. Click here to download PDF.
After placing your order, you will receive a receipt by email. This will serve as your proof of purchase. To conserve paper, you do not need to print this "ticket." We will have a list of all tickets at the check-in table.
We can offer you store credit for the full amount of your canceled tickets, if canceled within 72 hours of the event. Less than 72 hours, store credit for 1/2 the refund amount. Please inform us of any cancelation ASAP, so that we can make the space available for others.
FARM ADDRESS & PARKING TIPS
- Address: 2220 Bardsdale Avenue, Fillmore, CA 93015
- Parking Tips: Please note that parking spaces are limited. Therefore,
- Please carpool when possible.
- Please park at a diagonal.
- When walking from your parking spot to our front gate, please be cautious of oncoming traffic, as well as of our neighbor's property and privacy.
- Directions: We recommend using an app like Google Maps to get directions.
FARM RULES & TIPS
As we grow our events at the farm, we have two priorities:
- to continue to offer an intimate, meaningful experience for each of our guests, and
- to respect our neighbors' property and privacy.
Help us make this possible by reading and following the rules and tips below!
- Respect Our Neighbors: Our farm is a humble 1-acre property. All property outside of our gates is the private property of our neighbors and needs to be respected as such. Anyone found being disrespectful of our neighbors' property will be asked to leave the event immediately. Guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Do not trespass on neighbors' property.
- Do not walk on neighbors' lawns.
- Do not picnic on neighbors' property.
- Do not pet or attempt to feed any of our neighbors' animals (including dogs and horses).
- Do not use neighbors' trash bins.
- Do not park in neighbors' driveways.
- Do not park where there are "No Parking" and "No Trespassing" signs posted.
- Farm Animals: Please be courteous to all animals. This includes:
- No chasing, poking, etc.
- Do not feed any of the animals, unless instructed to do so.
- Do not open any gates or doors, unless instructed to do so. (Animals must be kept safely in their designated areas).
- Kids: The farm is very kid-friendly. That said, parents must be responsible for their children at all times. Additional rules to enforce:
- No running.
- Everything that's on the ground, stays on the ground (ie: no throwing rocks).
- Do not climb any fences.
- Pets: No dogs, or other outside animals, are permitted on the property. This is for the safety of our animals and guests.
- Weather: All events are rain or shine.
- What to Bring: Bring layers, comfy shoes, hats, sunglasses and/or umbrellas as needed.
- Payment: Our soap showroom accepts cash, credit cards and checks.
- Accessibility: We offer a wheelchair-accessible port-a-potty at most events. However, many guests find that the terrain on the farm is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Picnics/Local Restaurants: We have limited space for bring-your-own picnics; there are 2 picnic tables available and a small grassy area for picnic blankets. Please note that our neighbors' lawns, driveways and sidewalks are NOT available for picnics. If you'd prefer to eat at a local restaurant, you can find our list of favorites here.
- Photography Policy: Upon entering the property, you grant to Chivas Skin Care and its employees/volunteers the right to photograph you and your dependent(s) for use in Chivas Skin Care print, electronic, and digital media and publications. Visitors are welcome to take photographs of Chivas Skin Care for their own personal use; in fact, we encourage you to share your photos on social media. Please tag us: @chivasskincare .
- Visitor Health and Safety: We are a working farm. You may encounter uneven terrain, farm equipment and unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells. Whenever possible, but always before eating, clean your hands by washing and lathering vigorously for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Wipes and sanitizers are not adequate protection. Children under 5, the elderly, pregnant women, and individuals with heart disease or compromised immune systems should exercise caution while visiting any farm.
WHILE YOU'RE IN TOWN...
Many of our guests are visiting from Ventura, Santa Barbara or Los Angeles. We hope you can make a day of it by exploring all of what Fillmore and Santa Paula have to offer. For a list of restaurants, antique shops, activities and museums, please visit our "Guide to Fillmore and Santa Paula".