December 7, 2012 Written by LaurenJ
Day 12: 12 Vegan Lip Balms (for as little as $3.50 each)
Yes – that’s up to 50% off! We’ll likely never have this good of a deal on our lip balms again, so if you love ‘em, get ‘em now! The 6-packs and 12-packs are a great way to stock up for stocking stuffers. And every time they use the lip balm they’ll think of you
August 16, 2012 Written by LaurenJ
Angie of Vegan Outlooks gives our vegan lip balm a rave review! She does bring up the irony that we are a skin care company based on the benefits of goat milk (not vegan) and yet have an amazing vegan lip balm. I will write a separate post on the story behind why that came to be… for now, I’ll let Angie take it away!
“This is absolutely, hands down, my FAVORITE vegan lip balm that I have tried so far! Which is pretty random considering that this company is primarily “goat milk skin care”, which is really a shame, and this is their only vegan product. Go figure how they came up with such a wonderful vegan lip balm. I wish they would make more vegan products (or even better, go vegan all together!!) This one is made with high quality oils like rose hip, peppermint, citrus, lavender (among other) essential oils and vitamin E; it is certified vegan and contains 75% organic content. I think the secret is in ALL of those wonderful essential oils. The peppermint oil in it makes your lips tingle, which I LOVE. (Like Dr. Bronner’s peppermint soap, but that’s a whole other post ) And best of all, I LOVE the lastability of it. (Not sure if that’s a word, but it describes this perfectly!) This lip balm lasts longer than any other lip balm I have ever tried. I found this one also at Purre in The Camp in Costa Mesa, but you can also snag one on the Chivas Skincare website for $7.00. Yes, the price is a bit steep, but for a lip balm addict like me, it’s worth every penny.”
November 16, 2011 Written by LaurenJ
We’ve got lots of holiday gift sets that I’m uploading into our on-line store as we speak. You can see all the gift sets that are up so far here.
This photo is of our Deluxe Holiday Gift Set, which includes 1 Butterfield Road (Boutique/Peppermint Citrus) goat milk soap, as well as 1 facial creme, lip balm, and bath salt all packaged up in our brand-new wooden gift box, kraft crinkle and cranberry grosgrain ribbon. These wooden boxes are extra special because they are handmade on our property using reclaimed wood, and are great to re-use again and again as a gift box or storage container. This gift set is a perfect way to share the best of Chivas with your friends and family!
March 1, 2011 Written by TaylorH
Did you see us on Good Morning America and want to try our products for yourself? It can be difficult to decide which scent of our hand-made goat milk soap to get so we thought we would give you a few pointers to help you make the right selection!
Do you like to garden?
Try our Herb Garden Goat Milk Soap! It can be used as a hand soap and is tough on grime but soft on your senses. Poppy seeds & cornmeal exfoliate. Comfrey root relieves irritation. Hemp seed oil soothes dry, overworked skin. Rosemary, basil & fennel bring the garden into your home.
Is your face in need of some TLC?
Try our Clear Complexion Goat Milk Facial Soap. This soap is designed for acne prone skin. The bottom layer helps prevent new blemishes from forming, while the top layer helps to heal current scars.
Still can’t decide?
Try all 6 of our most popular soaps! The 6-Pack of Essential Goat Milk Soaps includes one each of our essential goat milk soaps: Original, Sweet Nothings, Lavender Oatmeal, Spearmint, Wise Sage and Lemongrass.
Want more than just soaps?
If you want to try more goat milk skincare products than just our soaps try our Starter Kit. The Starter Kit is a great way to sample our line and includes Original goat milk soap, a Sweet Nothings goat milk facial creme, an Original lip balm and one Sweet Nothings bath salt sachet.
August 25, 2010 Written by TaylorH
Recycling and using recycled materials is important to us! So, we package our soaps with 100% recycled paper and we do NOT use any plastic packaging for our soaps. The Green Goat knows that recycled goods are also important to you in all parts of your life, so he looked at the basic back-to-school shopping list and navigated through “The Ultimate Green Store” to find green alternatives for you, or your kids.
1. Notebook: Environotes Recycled Notebook contains 30% post-consumer recycled materials and Environotes recycles 98% of their scrap materials from notebook production.
2. Pencils: EarthWrite Pencils contain 60% post-consumer waster and the casing is made from recycled newspaper.
3. Ruler: TreeSmart Recycled Newspaper Ruler is made with recycled newspaper and recycled plastic.
4. Binder: The cover of the Universal Eco-Friendly Round Ring Natural Kraft Binder is made from 100% recycled materials and is dye-free.
5. Backpack: The Solar Converter Bag allows you to charge your phone, ipod and camera on the go with the 4 watts of solar power generated from the solar panels.
Since having a green and healthy lifestyle is important to us, we do what we can to incorporate those values into our product line. In addition to using recycled paper to package our soaps, we use fresh goat milk from our farm and herbs from our herb garden to make our wonderful goat milk soap. Using local ingredients helps to reduce our carbon footprint. Also, our goat milk facial cremes are made with 82% organic content and our lip balms are made with 76% organic content. To find out more about our mindful product line click here.
Picture credit: (1)gwsports.com (2)chivasskincare.com
August 11, 2010 Written by TaylorH
#1 If you know you already love Chivas products, the Mini Starter Kit is a great way to share a little of everything with your friend. It includes (1) Mini Original goat milk soap (2) Mini Sweet Nothings goat milk facial creme (3) Original Vegan lip balm (4) Sweet Nothings bath salt sachet.
#2 All these goodies are packaged up in a small kraft gable box, so you don’t even have to wrap them up! (You can always tie on a bow for a little flair).
#3 Priced at only $20 each, you can buy these affordable gifts for all your bridesmaids (even if you have a large wedding party).
#4 Or if you want to splurge, you can give the Mini Starter Kit in conjunction with a necklace, shawl or clutch, which are other common bridesmaids gifts.
#5 Last, but not least, shouldn’t the gifts you give be in alignment with your core values: natural, local, fair trade & eco-friendly?
Click here to learn more about the Chivas Mini Starter Kit.
* Note: We know it can be hard to resist the temptation to buy something for yourself on our website… so we suggest you check out our Sweet Nothing bath salts. Preparing for a wedding can sometimes be stressful so relax and enjoy a warm, detoxifying bath with our bath salts!
July 30, 2010 Written by TaylorH
Gossip Goat shares a few of her favorite things that made July a great month!
1. Farmer’s Markets: Summer is a great time to explore your town and go to the Farmer’s Market. Farmer’s Markets offer a variety of fresh fruit, flowers, honey, bread and so much more. Gossip Goat enjoys going to her local Farmer’s Market on Sunday morning. She picks up fresh strawberries and blueberries from her favorite stand. They make a perfect afternoon snack or topping on oatmeal. Gossip Goat will also pick up some colorful flowers to put on her patio table. Placing a vase of flowers on an outside table can turn your basic outdoor table into a lovely outdoor dinning area. Farmer’s Markets are also great places to take photos!
2. Zumba: Summer is a time to have fun and relax and lets face it… sometimes working out isn’t on the top of the list. Gossip Goat loves being in shape but doesn’t necessarily like the process of getting in shape… that is until she started Zumba. Zumba is a high-energy group workout class that tones and sculpts your body while you burn calories and fat. Zumba combines Latin dance and basic cardio in a fun and energetic way. The music alone will have you dancing into shape. Gossip Goat loves the way she feels after an hour of dancing, sweating and smiling. Find a Zumba class near you and give it a try! If Zumba doesn’t sound like your idea of fun try swimming! Check out Granny Goat’s blog on the benefits of swimming this Summer.
3. Great Music: Roll down your windows, turn up the volume and sing along to your favorite Summer song! Gossip Goat has been enjoying the summer breeze while listening to her favorite summer songs. Here are her favorite songs to listen to with the windows down…
- Stuck Like Glue – Sugarland
- American Honey – Lady Antebellum
- Summer Girl – Jessica Andrews
- Legs- Jer Coons
- Young Forever- Jay-Z
- Slide Along Side – Shifty
- Good To Be Me – Uncle Cracker (ft. Kid Rock)
- Top Down – Fast Ryde
4. Finding A New Interest: Gossip Goat wanted to find something new and different. She stumbled upon and quickly became fascinated with the Tour de France! After watching one stage of the Tour she was surprised how captivating the sport of cycling is. Gossip Goat watched every morning as her favorite cyclists, Andy Schleck and Lance Armstrong, saw victory and defeat. Sadly, the Tour de France ended this past Sunday in Paris but Gossip Goat is excited to watch the Tour next year.
5. Gossip Goat’s Product Pick of the Month… Vegan Lip Balm! Keeping your lips from getting dry during the Summer can be a challenge, especially if you drive around with your windows down singing-along to your favorite song. So make sure to pack your favorite lip balm in your beach bag or leave an extra in your car.
Photo credit: (1) Taylor Harkins (2) inshapeladiesfitness.webs.com (3)Countryuniverse.net (4)byjamesraia.com (5)Chivasskincare.com
July 29, 2010 Written by TaylorH
Chivas is all about goat milk! While our website focuses on natural skin care products using goat milk (including our goat milk soap, goat milk bath salts, and goat milk facial creme), we also carry cookbooks with that offer great goat cheese recipes. Our newest book is ” Pizza and Wine.”
In Pizza & Wine, Chef Leonardo Curti shares 65 delectable pizza recipes paired with the perfect wine to create an idyllic meal. Includes these delicious pizza variations and more: Quattro Formaggie Roasted Potato with White Truffle Oil Tuscan Salami Calzone Italian Fig and Prosciutto.
To find out more about this book and the authors, click here.
July 15, 2010 Written by LaurenJ
We are so excited to have finalized our NEW line of specialty goat milk soaps that are bigger, better and packaged in decorative (and protective) custom-designed paper! As these are hot off the press, they are only available in select stores: Studio Beauty Mix at Fred Segal (Santa Monica, CA), Busy Babes Beauty & Salon (Ojai, CA), Terrain at Home (Anthropology sister store in Glen Mills, PA) and BeautyHabit.com. The photos below are of the brand new display at Fred Segal:
These new soaps are not available on-line, so if you want to see them, you’ve got to go into one of the stores mentioned above. What makes these soaps so special anyways?
#1 As you can tell, we have maintained our original “trapezoidal” soap shape , but rather than being partially-wrapped in kraft corrugated, they are fully-wrapped in bright and cheerful decorative paper (don’t fear, still 100% recycled). The paper is really unique because it was custom designed with images depiciting the Chivas farm – French Alpine goats, milk jugs, herbs, flowers, and more. We’ve done a bit of a “Where’s Waldo?” and snuck in icons of our pot-bellied pig (Piggles) and African tortoises (Mr. and Mrs. Chesterfield) too!
#2 The packaging is more informative about the benefits of goat milk for your skin and the story behind our company, so if you’re giving them as gifts to your family or friends, you have a little cheat sheet. Plus, since they are fully packaged, they feel a bit more “gifty” and you can add them into a little gift set without worrying about them getting dinged up.
#3 We’ve named each soap after a memorable location to us in Southern California. The “Butterfield Road” goat milk soap (teal; energizing peppermint citrus), for example, is named after the street where we first started making soap. Other names include: Oak Meadows Ranch, Ojai Valley Retreat, Topanga Canyon, Las Flores Gardens and Santa Rosa Valley.
Here’s another photo of the Fred Segal display – the new soaps are at top, the original “Essential” goat milk soaps are below, and you can also see our Original vegan lip balm, goat milk bath salts, and mini starter kit. We hope you can go check them out!
NOTE: The logo and packaging re-design was developed by the fabulous Alissa Pittenger. You can view her portfolio, as well as additional images of our design, at http://alissapittenger.com/#/portfolio/.
June 28, 2010 Written by TaylorH
And if, like us, you have hard time reading the text on-line, here’s what it reads:
“Chivas goat milk skin care is owned and run by a dynamic mother-daughter team that has brought the art of using goat milk to make soaps and other skin care products to a new level. Recognized by beauty experts all around, this company treats its French Alpine goats like family and stands firm behind the values of fair trade, charitable giving, and environmentally mindful practices and products. We love the vegan lip balm. It comes in several different scents, and our lips never felt so good.”
You can check out all of our vegan lip balms here!