Fresh Berries and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad
September 1, 2010 Written by TaylorH
Not only does goat milk make our goat milk soaps super rich and nourishing, but it can also be a nutritious ingredient in your kitchen. Gourmet Goat loves to share her favorite recipes made with goat milk and goat cheese, and here is her latest: Fresh Berries and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad!
Fresh Berries and Goat Cheese Spinach Salad:
- 1 Container of Strawberries
- 1 Container of Blackberries
- 8 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1 Cup Candied Walnuts
- 3 Ounces Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 Loaf of Pumpernickel Bread
- Olive Oil
- Heat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Wash the strawberries, blackberries and spinach individually. After rinsing, pat the excess water off with a paper towel.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the orange juice over the strawberries, making sure all the strawberries are covered.
- Slice the bread at a slight angle and brush both sides with olive oil. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a large serving bowl or dish combine the spinach, blackberries and walnuts.
- Remove the strawberries from the orange juice and add them to the salad.
- Take the bread out of the oven after the 10 minutes or when it is evenly crunchy and set aside.
- Add the crumbed goat cheese and then toss in the raspberry vinaigrette.
- To serve, put a serving of the salad in the center of a large plate and place a piece of bread on the edge.
Recipe Created by our social media and marketing intern, Taylor.
Photo credit: Taylor Harkins